Infiniti Q60: 7 Quirky Things I Learned Driving This Sporty Luxury Coupe

After 13 months behind the wheel of any car, you’ll learn some things you didn’t expect about the vehicle. You might also learn some things about yourself. For example, with our long-term 2018 Infiniti Q60 coupe, I learned I’m not as flexible as I used to be. Anyway, from useful to oddball, here are seven things that stuck with me while driving Infiniti’s sporty coupe.


Yes, It Locks, Too

I almost ripped off the gas door thinking it was stuck, not realizing if the car is locked it will be locked. Yes, I’m dumb.


An Unexpected Use for the Surround-View Camera System

The side camera kicks on when motorcycles lane-split past me in traffic. I’m sure it’s supposed to be helpful, but it usually just scares me.


No Scraping Here

Using the front camera has saved me a few times from scraping the nose on parking stops. I integrated it into my driving routine immediately after I figured it out.


Cool Blue

The Q60’s Hagane Blue translates in Japanglish as “Steel Blue” or “Blue Steel” depending on whether you like Zoolander or are a fan of the Kathryn Bigelow film of the same name featuring Ron Silver as a psychopathic commodities trader.

I was tempted a few times to turn on the Snow setting for traction during one particularly nasty Southern California deluge. I refrained, but if the logo had shown just a hint of rain rather than all snow, I would have been all in. All Q60s feature a drive-mode selector with Eco, Standard, and Sport settings. There’s also a custom setting, as well as Sport+ on some models.


“Pathetic Grace”

Because the Q60 sits low, I’ve learned to fall into the driver’s seat with what I would call a “pathetic grace.”


Watch Out

Large bumps are to be avoided in the Q60, and large dips in the road are to be avoided at all costs. Dips are scarier than bumps.

Read more about our long-term 2018 Infiniti Q60S 3.0t:

The post Infiniti Q60: 7 Quirky Things I Learned Driving This Sporty Luxury Coupe appeared first on Motortrend.



from Motortrend http://bit.ly/2H0CIa9

No comments:

Post a Comment